• Advertisement

The Passing of GreyCupGarry

Archive des discussions. Topics archive

The Passing of GreyCupGarry

Postby XGamer » 08 Dec 2008 10:10

I was shocked to learn the passing on Sunday of 1 of the most recognized fan of all the CFL: GreyCupGarry.

I haven’t met Garry a lot of times (10 times at most) but each time he always make you felt you were special to him. I have never seen him speak down on other fans or team; he always had a good word for everyone.

What’s weird is that the last time that I saw him was after the Als Huddle on Grey Cup week, he was outside the Novotel with Allie smoking before going to their rooms…I was going to pack my stuff at Novotel…

I stopped had a quick-chat and I don’t know why I hugged him & Allie...we called it our Grey Cup hugs... weird he....

Garry, we haven’t talked much except when you came to McGill to see the Double Blue or when I would stumble upon you at the different Grey Cup festivities’, I was looking forward to see you again in Calgary in 2009...

Now I’ll just have the memories of the man I 1st met face-to-face at the NLL All-Star game in T.O. in 2006 !

Rest In Peace Garry and keep a watchful eye on us, CFL fans !
XGamer
Veteran

Advertisement

Re: The Passing of GreyCupGarry

Postby sectionu2 » 08 Dec 2008 10:18

Gary was one unique person, a true Canadian football fan like no other, it really came as a shock, this is truly a sad day for the CFL. Gary's will be sorely missed, aned Gary's favourite Grey Cup memory was in Montreal in 2001.
He was the Grey Cup spirit for me, he was the guy that boought a lobster at the Atlantic Schjooner hospitality suite and went on a bench ion front of parliement to eat it at 3AM, now that is Gary :beer:
hmmm nothing like the smell of victory, to the grey cup, Prepare to be boarded you bilge rat!!
sectionu2
Site Admin

Location: Right next to the Kaiser, in front ofthe Beerlin wall

Postby benoit jean » 08 Dec 2008 12:04

very sad day . i met him for the first time this year in montreal at the grey-cup . i had the chance to know a very classy guy . a true C.F.L. FAN . waving at you at the novotel. always smilling and having fun ­. a very very sad day . R.I.P. greycup garry. :beer:
benoit jean
Joueur Etoiles - All-Star

Postby sectionu2 » 02 Jul 2009 18:38

Garry the season started, i hope you enjoyed seeing your Arg'hoes win :beer:
hmmm nothing like the smell of victory, to the grey cup, Prepare to be boarded you bilge rat!!
sectionu2
Site Admin

Location: Right next to the Kaiser, in front ofthe Beerlin wall

Postby XGamer » 02 Jul 2009 21:02

Yup, he must have been celebrating last night especially after beating the Ti-Cats.....

I hope we'll get to see a bit of the ceremony next week at Rogers Centre via TSN, when the Argos will commemorate his legend as one of the best fan of the CFL !
XGamer
Veteran

Return to Archives